Bloomberg SWOT Analysis
Bloomberg L.P. is the privately held company, which deals with the financial, Software, data and Media. Bloomberg has its headquarters at Midtown Manhattan, New York. Founder of the company is Michael Bloomberg in 1981. The Bloomberg terminal is a computer software system that is provided by the financial data vendor Bloomberg L.P. It enables the financial professional and other professionals to access the Bloomberg professional service through which users can monitor and analyze the real-time financial data.
Uses of Bloomberg to the students, public and Companies
1. Bloomberg boasts of having more than 2.3 billion users connected to the database including more than 300,000 terminal users. It is easy for the users to connect to their college Alumnus through the Bloomberg terminal.
2. Bloomberg BIO function links all related Bloomberg News Archives. It also connects the function to its biography pages.
3. It gives access to the real time data, news feeds, and messages and facilitates the placement of financial transactions and updates. It also give easy access to the market moving news be it earnings releases, interest rate announcements or statements from CEOs and politicians.
4. Companies have access to thousands of students through the Bloomberg database and their resumes. They even hire students.
5. General Public has access to all the real time and updates in the market news, which keeps them and other parties on the same page, since they all have access to the important information.
6. Visualizations in the Bloomberg is trendy and reflect countries, commodities, equities, and essentially, whatever you want.
7. Companies can do peer to peer instant messaging with traders worldwide.
8. Filter options on any topic, which enables the employees to scrap the contents as per their usefulness and requirements.
The Strengths of SWOT Analysis are as follows;
1. Brand Value: Ranking of the Brand Value is 51 and it is valued as $19.23 billion. In terms of Brand Value Exxon Mobil is one of the top companies in Fortune 500 companies.
2. Market Position: It is a Multinational Company and has explored the natural gas and oil from 23 refineries and 14 countries. It has a distillation capacity of 136,000 barrels per day.
3. Revenue Generation: The diversification of sources of revenue gives them an edge over its competitors. They operate in one of the biggest economies like US, Canada, UK, Belgium, Italy, France, Singapore, Germany etc.
The weaknesses of Exxon Mobil are as follows;
1. Weak Financials: Exxon Mobil Revenues were down by 34.2% and the Profits came down by 50.3%
2. Increasing Debts: Exxon’s debts had significant growth in Financial year 2015. It increased from $11.581 billion to $38.687 billion.
1. Rising Demand: The rising demand for energy is expectedly going to increase more in future which gives Exxon Mobil a big opportunity to grow its business. The rise is expected to be around 40% from 2014 to 2040.
2. Other sources of energy: The demand for the renewable energy in the future is going to increase. The increase of demand of energy by 40% is very much expected to happen and Exxon should be prepared for that. The renewable sources are supposed to fill the increase in demand of 40%.
3. Investment Opportunities: Exxon Mobil is investing in LNG research and Development quite heavily. Its expected that by 2040 nearly half of the natural gas demand will be met by LNG. Exxon Mobil needs to start the commercial sales for the same to take first mover of this change.
1. Cut Throat Competition: The decline in the profits and revenues has been witnessed due to the cut throat competition and it is expected to increase in coming years.
2. Environmental Regulations: Due to the Global warming, greenhouse gases and water usage etc. the environmental laws are becoming stricter and more stringent.
3. Supply Risks: The supply risks are huge due to the excess demand of the resources and the depletion of the natural resources. Crude oil and gas are natural resources that are depleting due to excessive use of it. There are also high changes of spilling while transportation.
Exxon Mobil’s ticker symbol is
The Strategies and policies formulating from last few years are as follows:
• Exxon Mobile has taken initiatives for the current climate change. Exxon Mobil realizes that what sectors are contributing to the fossil fuels emissions and how they are related to the oil Industries. The Oil industry itself is contributing to the 20% emissions alone in 2002. Transportation is 20%, Electricity generation is 20%, Residential & Commercial is 25% and Transportation is 20%.
• Exxon Mobil had plans to improve the energy emissions by 10% in 2002-2012.
• Exxon Mobil has plans to invest more than $10 million dollars in the coming years to improve the energy emissions.
• Company is spending heavy in research and Development of finding the alternate source of energy because there is too much pressure on the crude oil and natural gas supply.
• Exxon Mobil has announced the new product development as they want to consider climate conscious investors and consumers as a trend that is likely to continue.