Activity 7.5 Writing Improvement Exercises: Message Openers (Objs. 1-3)
- Due to a number of employees are acquainted with the use of instant messaging (IM), the management have authorized its use for business communication within the workplace to promote faster exchange of information and also implemented some specific procedures to ensure its safety and efficiency.
- We are interested in availing your new product of voice recognition software. But before we purchase your product, we would like to know the cost for a single-user license and the availability of a free trial version.
- We will be conducting an in-house leadership training courses. All staff members are invited to join.
- Miss Kristin Bostock from our Atlanta office is our new manager. Please make her feel welcome.
Activity 7.7 Bulleted and Numbered Lists
a. Web Content Writing
- Make a simple formatting.
- Use strong visual graphics and prompts.
- Limit directions that are not needed.
- Ways on how to produce excellent digital prints:
- Calibrate the monitor using the Pantone Spyder.
- Edit the image to make it look natural and balanced.
- Configure the printer and use the appropriate type of paper.
c.Recommendations to avoid litigation in regard to sexual harassment
- Establishing an unequivocal written policy prohibiting sexual harassment within the organization.
- Conducting training sessions for supervisors regarding the maintenance of proper work environment.
- Developing an official procedure in which employees can lodge their complaints and at the same time the department concern can investigate the complaints .
Activity 8.11 Direct Claim: Hurricane Arrives Early and Ruins Caribbean Cruise
Please provide information and recommendations regarding reimbursement of port charges of eight people that were incurred in our five-day cruise on Carnival’s Sensation.
My marketing firm and I have recently went on a cruise using your Carnival Cruise Lines. I paid $800 per person for 8 people for a total of $6,400 as payment for the five-day cruise. However, due to the unpredictable weather, Hurricane Emily struck during our trip that altered the course and itinerary of the cruise ship. Because of this, we were not able to go to our intended destinations in the Caribbean. The management was aware of the inconvenience that the hurricane brought to the passengers that they offered us a small nonrefundable shipboard credit for the missed ports and a 50% discount on a future cruise.
After the cruise, I called a company representative because I wanted to invoke the “Carnival’s Vacation Guarantee” to get a refund. But the representative said that the guarantee is not applicable because the ship did not stop at any the ports. Since it was not our fault that the ship did not make any stops, I demand to receive the amount of $952 as a refund for the port charges that were included in my bill.
Please clarify your policy regarding the invocation of the Carnival’s Vacation Guarantee and your recommendations for my demand for a refund on the port charges.
Hoping for your kindest consideration and soonest reply regarding this matter.
Chapter 9; Turn to page 271 of your Guffey text and read the background information for Activity 9.27 Adapting a Sales Letter From Low Context to High Context (Obj. 8). List the six factors/techniques used in this letter that typify low-context persuasive sales messages. Then discuss how the letter could be changed if it were to appeal to high-context cultures.
Factors/Techniques that typify low-context persuasive sales messages
- The You-view is very evident in this particular sales message. The letter was intended to emphasize the benefits of the merchandise to an individual.
- Directness – the tone of the message was very direct. From start to finish, the letter was very straightforward about promoting and selling their merchandise and promotions.
- The use of superlatives – in the sales message, very, exceptional and truly were used as qualifiers to imply that the merchandise/promo that they are promoting is of high-quality or highly beneficial.
- Hard-sell approach – the inclusion of statistics and straightforward advertisement promotions were utilized to directly impart their purpose which is selling their merchandise to the readers.
- Short-term goal – only the benefits of the promo were discussed. The company was not even introduced.
- Action oriented – the message persuades the readers to avail the product and their promo.
To make this letter appeal to high-context cultures, a respectful salutation should be the introductory statement in the message. In the body of the letter, the you-view should be replaced with we/our to signify a collective view on the subject matter. Also, avoid using superlatives for emphasis on the merchandise. Instead, use a softer approach by establishing the credibility of the product and use the word please in making a request. In addition, don’t include the postscript to show harmony of content.
Finally, compose the high-context version of this letter. Everything you need to complete this assignment can be found within Chapter 9 and under Activity 9.27.
Need essay sample on "Business Communication"? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only $ 13.90/page
We deeply appreciate the patronage and support of our customers for our products. We only serve the best products and services to our dear clients.
Citibank credit cards is accepted at over 400, 000 locations in Australia, more that 14 million establishments worldwide, and give users a cash access at over 341,000 ATMs. More so, this particular credit card offers rewards program, unsurpassed card protection, free PhotoCard, free Purchase Cover and exceptional customer service.
Moreover, Citibank has been in this industry for several years. As a sign of our gratitude, we are offering a new product that combines convenience and value to our loyal customers. If you are interested in availing this product/promo, we would gladly give you two $30 vouchers for anything in your Innovations catalogue upon the approval of the application.
Please visit the nearest Citibank at a time most convenient to you and we would warmly entertain you and welcome your application for the Citibank credit card. But please take not that this offer will only last until the 28th of November, we hope that you would be able to submit your application on or before the set time. In addition, if approved applicants will use the card on any Innovations purchase until 28 February of next year, they will receive double rewards points.