Chapter 1- Succeeding in Business Communication
B. Everything invloves communication
C. Scripture emphasizes communication
D. Written communication is important today.
2. To request/persuade (urge action)
3. To build goodwill (make good image)
2. Phone conversations
4. Web sites
B. External – people outside organization
B. Good communicators make good management
B. Wasted Efforts
C. Lost Goodwill
D. Legal Problems
D. Save’s audience’s time
E. Builds Goodwill
B. Vary by organization
C. Chance over time
D. Helps people recognize
E. Needs to fit the situation
1. Answer analysis questions
3. Organization information
4. Make visually inviting
5. Revise for tone
6. Edit draft
7. Plan future responses
B. What are your purposes in communication?
C. What information must your message include?
D. How can you build support for your position?/ what reasons/benefits will convince the audience?
E. What aspects of the total situation may be relevant?
B. First idea may not be best solution.
C. Measure/Evaluate solutions
1. Good solutions= use again
1. Good news first
2. Maine pint/ question first
3. Exception – “reluctant audience”
B. Use headings
C. Use lists
D. Number items
E. Use short paragraphs
1. Give it more space
2. Use indented list to set it off.
B. Omit negative words if you can.
C. Focus on possibilities, not limitations.
1. Readers name
2. Numbers (dates, money, etc…)
3. First and last paragraphs
4. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
B. Always proofread before sending.
1. If a message fails, find out why.
2. If a message succeeds, find out why.
B. Success= results you want, when you want them.
Need essay sample on "Chapter 1- Succeeding in Business Communication"? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only $ 13.90/page