-Deliver the data necessary for tactical decisions and planning
-Monitor and control the allocation and use of company resources and evaluate the performance of the various departments
-Provide a framework for defining and enforcing and ensuring the security and privacy of the data in the database
1. At the level of middle management, the database must be able to ____.
2. When introducing a database into an organization, a(n) ______ is likely because the database approach creates a more controlled and structured information flow and thus affects people, functions, and interactions.
3. There is a growing trend toward specialization in the data-management function
3. There is a growing trend toward _______ in the data-management function
control and planning
4. As a manager, the DBA must concentrate on the __________ and ________ dimensions of the database administration function.
5. _________ are more detailed and specific than policies and describe the minimum requirements of a given DBA activity.
6. “All users must have passwords” is an example of a ________
7. Current data distribution philosophy makes it easy for __________ end users to access the database.
8. A(n) __________ _________is a set of instructions generated at application compilation time that predetermines how the application will access the database at run time.
deals with ensuring that data is protected against unauthorized access, and if the data are accessed by an authorized user, that the data are used only for an authorized purpose.
security breaches include database access by computer viruses and by hackers whose actions are designed to destroy or alter data.
management is designed to limit access to the database
electric personnel badges
12. Some common physical security practices found in large database installations include secured entrances, password-protected workstations, _______ ________ _______, closed-circuit video, and voice-recognition technology,
User-access management is a subset of _________ _____________
14. Classifying users into _____ _______ according to common access needs facilitates the DBA’s job of controlling and managing the access privileges of individual users.
Need essay sample on "CHAPTER 15-2"? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only $ 13.90/page