logo image

Consumers of any product

The main economic activity in the area is business and employment in various industrial companies that are operating in the area. Most of the people in this area are workers with 55% being casual workers, 30% permanently employed and 15% self employed. The average working hours per day is averagely 12hrs though some work for more hours in a day than these. This occurs due to various economic challenges that these people face. Their average income per month is 60$. The main media for communication is TV followed by radio and the newspapers.

The transport net work in the area is poor since 60% of the roads are not tarmaced while the remaining 40% of the roads is untarmaced. The state of housing in the area is poor with average of 4 people living in a single room. It is only 60% of the residents who have access to safe and adequate water for drinking. The average distance to the water points is 0. 5 Kilometers. The access to sanitation facilities is limited with only 55% of the population having access to them. From statistics it is estimated that 60% 0f the population prefer seeking treatment from formal health facilities while

Need essay sample on "Consumers of any product"? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only $ 13.90/page

the rest use informal means of healthcare.

The average distance to the health facilities is one kilometer for most of the residents. It is evident from statistics that 55% of those seek healthcare prefer the small clinics and those with affordable fee of a maximum of 6$ . The rest have insurance health cover and seek medical care in advanced health care facilities. In terms of religion, 70% of the residents are Christians while the rest are Muslims and Hindus. On the feeding habits, about 65% of these residents rely on food which is direct from their farms and is sold to them by the vendors.

Influencing consumers of any product or service requires well thought and structured marketing strategy. Success in the current market requires investigating and analyzing the needs and wants of varied market segments (Frank,2007). Market segmentation refers to the process of categorizing a market into different subgroups which bear common ways or have the same needs. The segmentation process entails subgroup identification, subgroup characterization, subgroup evaluation, and target subgroup selection.

When the subgroups are fairly similar in terms of needs and attitudes, the chances are high that they respond the same to a particular marketing strategy. This means they share common opinions, feelings and attitudes about a marketing mix consisting of a certain service or product promoted, distributed and sold at a given price in a given manner. The segmentation of market which is based on consumers may be done basis of product of service specifications so as to offer a match between the consumers and the particular products or services (Mark, 2008).

To be effective in segmentation of the market, the subgroups or the target markets are supposed to have accessibility to the business, a separate marketing plan as well as every subgroup being large adequately to offer a firm customer foundation. In this regard, St. Mary’s can segment its patients into categories of those with insurance cover and those who don’t . Those with insurance cover seems to be people who have sufficient income and so they do not require subsidized fees for their healthcare. On the other hand those not having insurance cover have no reliable income and so they direly need subsidized or free medical services.

Can’t wait to take that assignment burden offyour shoulders?

Let us know what it is and we will show you how it can be done!
×
Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website. If you need this or any other sample, please register

Already on Businessays? Login here

No, thanks. I prefer suffering on my own
Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website. If you need this or any other sample register now and get a free access to all papers, carefully proofread and edited by our experts.
Sign in / Sign up
No, thanks. I prefer suffering on my own
Not quite the topic you need?
We would be happy to write it
Join and witness the magic
Service Open At All Times
|
Complete Buyer Protection
|
Plagiarism-Free Writing

Emily from Businessays

Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/chNgQy