DEVELOPING A BUSINESS MINDSET – OBJECTIVE 4 – EXPLAIN THE PURPOSE OF THE SIX MAJOR FUNCTIONAL AREAS IN A BUSINESS ENTERPRISE
– Not all companies have an R&D functions
– Many companies simply resell products that other firms make.
E.g. For companies that develop products, R&D is essential to their survival because it provides the ideas and designs that allow these firms to meet customer needs in competitive markets.
-Companies can also engage in process R&D to design new and better ways to run their operations. Much of this effort goes into information technology (IT) systems that promote communication and information usage through the company of allow companies to offer new services to their customers.
– In addition to supervising the actual production activity, operations managers are responsible for a wide range of other strategies and decisions, including purchasing (arranging to buy the necessary materials for manufacturing), logistics (coordinating the incoming flow of materials and the outgoing flow of finished products), and facilities management (everything from planning new buildings to maintain them).
– The sales function develops relationships with potential customers and persuades customers, transaction by transaction, to buy the company’s goods and services.
– Depending on the type of product, a distribution function can be involved both before the sale (helping to promote products to retailers, for example) and after the sale (to physically deliver products).
– After products are in buyers’ hands, customer support goes to work, making sure customers have the support and information they need.
– Financial managers are responsible for planning
– Accounting managers are responsible for monitoring and reporting.
-Accounting specialists work closely with other functional areas to ensure profitable decision making.
HR supports all other functional areas in the enterprise.
HR usually oversees these process and supports the other departments as needed.
The HR department is also charged with making sure the company is in compliance with the many laws concerning employee rights and workplace safety.
These services can be performed by in-house staff, external firms, or a combination of the two.
Need essay sample on "DEVELOPING A BUSINESS MINDSET – OBJECTIVE 4 – EXPLAIN THE PURPOSE OF THE SIX MAJOR FUNCTIONAL AREAS IN A BUSINESS ENTERPRISE"? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only .90/page