logo image

Economics Essay

A comprehensive and advanced study of financial products and services for investors and corporations; of financial analysis, planning, and control techniques for a business entity with emphasis on corporations. Ours Objectives: On completion of the course, the student should be able to: – Identify the primary duties and responsibilities of financial managers. – Understand agency problems and different financial incentives for stakeholders. – Understand the mechanisms of financial markets. – Analyze the financial condition of a firm using financial-statement analysis, financial-ratio analysis, Du Pont analysis, common-size analysis, comparative analysis, indexed analysis, and trend analysis. Calculate financial values based on the concept of the time value of money. – Conduct investment project appraisal, and implement the sensitivity analysis. – Understand the financial products such as stocks and bonds. – Implement stock and bond valuation. Understand the relationship between risks and returns. – Calculate the value and yield of corporate bonds, preferred stocks, and common stocks. – Evaluate financial assets and portfolios using fundamental analysis, modern portfolio theory, CAMP, and capital structure. Calculate the weighted average cost of capital for a firm, and explain how to determine target capital structure. – Understand payout policy (by dividend, or share repurchase). – Use MS

Need essay sample on "Economics"? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only $ 13.90/page

excel in all above calculations and analyses. Text books: Eugene Brigham and Michael Earthward, Financial Management, Theory and Practice, 20th Edition, 2008, Thomson Southwestern Ross, Westfield & Gaffe, 2005, Corporate Finance, McGraw Hill, 7th edition (or later edition) You will need a laptop with excel application in class all the time.

Grading: – Attendance & active discussion and contribution in class: 10% – First (individual) midterm: 15% – Second (individual) midterm: 15% – Group assignment 1 (hard-copy report, no presentation): 10% – Group assignment 2 (hard-copy report, together with presentation): 20% – A final (individual) exam as an assignment to be submitted at the final class: 30% The grading scale is as follows: A 0 percent or better, B 70 percent, C 60 percent, D 50 percent or better, and F 0-49 percent.

Course Content: Chapters’ Topics and assignments 1 Financial incentives, Financial markets economics By Evangeline O 3 Stock valuation bond valuation Group Assignment 1 (hand-in) Individual: Midterm 1 financial Statements ; Analysis risk and return – Capital market theory capital Asset Pricing Model – CAMP Group Assignment 2 (hand-in ; presentation) Individual: Midterm 2 10th Cost of Capital dividends and payouts Final Exam Submission

Can’t wait to take that assignment burden offyour shoulders?

Let us know what it is and we will show you how it can be done!
Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website. If you need this or any other sample, please register

Already on Businessays? Login here

No, thanks. I prefer suffering on my own
Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website. If you need this or any other sample register now and get a free access to all papers, carefully proofread and edited by our experts.
Sign in / Sign up
No, thanks. I prefer suffering on my own
Not quite the topic you need?
We would be happy to write it
Join and witness the magic
Service Open At All Times
Complete Buyer Protection
Plagiarism-Free Writing

Emily from Businessays

Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/chNgQy

We use cookies to give you the best experience possible. By continuing we’ll assume you’re on board with our cookie policy