1) A ________ is a network of activities for accomplishing a business function.
in swimlane format, _________ are specific tasks that need to be accomplished as part of a business process
A _______ is a subset of the activities in a business process that is preformed by an actor
Activities within a business process are shown in ________.
5) According to the business process modeling notation standard, the start of a business process is symbolized by a ________.
circle having a narrow border
6) Which of the following statements is true about roles in a business process?
The name of the role is written at the top of the swimlane.
7) Which of the following statements is true of swimlane formats?
A particular role may be fulfilled by many people.
8) According to the business process modeling notation, the end of a business process is symbolized by a ________.
circle having a thick border
9) A(n) ________ is a collection of data that is stored within business records.
10) ________ represent the movement of data from one activity to another.
11) According to the business process modeling notation standard, an activity with a boxed plus sign inside it indicates a ________.
12) Which of the following statements is true about business process modeling notation?
The medium of data delivery is unimportant in a BPMN diagram.
13) ________ is the ratio of benefits to costs.
14) Which of the following statements is true of business processes?
An effective business process enables an organization to accomplish its strategy.
15) The outermost components of the IS framework ________.
can take action
16) The software and procedure components of the IS framework are both ________.
sets of instructions
17) The ________ component of the IS framework provides instructions for people.
18) In an IS framework, ________ is the bridge between the computer side on the left and the human side on the right
19) Which of the following pairs consists of the two actors in an information system?
hardware and people
20) When work that was formerly done by people has been moved to computers, it is said to be ________.
21) Automation of a process activity consists of moving work from the ________ of the symmetrical five-component framework.
human side to the computer side
22) Which of the following statements is true of using an information system to improve process quality?
A process that uses a labor saving information system may not be efficient.
23) ________ is defined as recorded facts or figures.
24) John’s height is 6 feet 3 inches. This is an example of ________.
25) The fact that Joe works 9 hours per day is an example of ________.
26) Which of the following refers to information that is based on correct and complete data and has been processed correctly, as expected?
27) A monthly report that arrives 6 weeks late is an example of information that is not ________.
28) Which of the following is a characteristic of good information?
It must be contextually relevant.
29) Which of the following statements is true about data characteristics of quality information?
The timeliness of information can be measured against events.
30) As the CEO of a call center, which of the following information is good information for you?
department-level averages of revenue generation figures
31) ________ information is information that directly pertains both to the context and to the subject.
32) Which of the following statements is true regarding the characteristics of good information?
Information must hold an appropriate relationship between its cost and its value.
tf Members of a team in a company need to understand business processes since they need to evaluate new technologies
tf To design an improved process, it is necessary to understand the existing process.
tf A role is a subset of activities in a business process.
tf Swimlane format is a graphical arrangement in which all of the activities for a given role are shown in a single vertical lane.
tf In some business processes, a role can be fulfilled by an information system.
tf According to the business process modeling notation standard, the start of a business process is symbolized by a circle having a thick border.
tf According to the business process modeling notation standard, the end of a business process is symbolized by a circle having a narrow border
tf According to the business process modeling notation standard, solid lines between activities are called sequence flows
tf A collection of files on the Internet is a repository
tf Data flows represent the movement of data from one activity to another.
tf A repository can be printed records stored in a shoebox or a collection of files in the cloud
tf Buyers read vendor and product data from the vendor data repository, but they don’t write
tf Process quality can be measured in two dimensions: process effectiveness and process efficiency.
tf An effective business process enables an organization to accomplish its strategy.
tf Effectiveness is the ratio of benefits to costs.
tf An activity is considered automated when it is characterized by people following procedures
tf 17) The outermost components of the symmetrical five-component framework of an IS are data and procedures.
tf In the five-component framework of an IS, the actors are hardware and people.
tf In the five-component framework of an IS, data is the bridge between the computer side and the human side.
tf In an IS framework, data is considered to be a part of the computer side.
tf ) In an IS framework, software and procedure components are both sets of instructions
tf Procedures act as the bridge between the computer and human sides of the five-component framework of an IS.
tf Automation is the process in which instructions for humans are transferred to instructions for hardware.
tf Automation moves work from the software component to the data component.
tf One of the major benefits of an information system is labor savings.
tf Information systems can improve process efficiency but not process effectiveness
tf The major benefit of using an information system is that the data stored in databases and other repositories can readily be processed to produce information.
tf ) Data that is summed is called information.
tf ) Information is data presented in a meaningful context.
tf Information is data processed by grouping, comparing, or other similar operations.
tf ) Data is knowledge derived from information
tf Average wage is knowledge that can be derived from the data of individual wages
tf As long as information is relevant and timely, it need not always be complete
tf Data delivered with active graphics need not be cross-checked for accuracy.
tf Accurate information is information that is based on correct and complete data, and has been processed correctly.
tf Users develop work-arounds when data from an information system is unreliable
tf Timeliness of information can be measured against events
tf The quality of thinking determines the quality of the information that is produced
tf Just barely sufficient information is information that is sufficient for the purpose for which it is generated.
tf Relevant data are those which aptly pertain both to the context and to the subject.
tf ) All data about an organization are relevant to the higher management
tf For data to be worth its cost, an appropriate relationship must exist between the cost of data and its value.
tf Information systems should not be subject to the same financial analyses to which other assets are subjected.
Need essay sample on "ifmg 300 chapter 2"? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only .90/page