1) A native app is one that is designed to run on a specific platform.
2) Documentation reveals how well the system has met its original objectives.
3) A new information system is not considered in production until conversion is complete.
4) Failure to address properly the organizational changes surrounding the introduction of a new system can cause the demise of an otherwise good system.
5) Gantt and PERT charts are two common formal planning tools for project management.
6) Prototyping is more iterative than the conventional lifecycle.
7) One problem with prototyping is that the systems constructed thereby may not be able to handle large quantities of data in a production environment.
8) End-user-developed systems can be completed more rapidly than those developed through the conventional programming tools.
9) Intangible benefits of an information system are those that cannot be easily quantified.
10) In one form of outsourcing, a company hires an external vendor to create the software for its system, but operates the software on its own computers.
11) It is important for all systems development activities to be placed in sequential order.
12) Object-oriented development is more iterative and incremental than traditional structured development.
13) Objects are grouped into hierarchies, and hierarchies into classes.
14) Businesses can use component-based development to create their e-commerce applications.
15) CASE tools facilitate the creation of clear documentation and the coordination of team development efforts.
16) More timely information is a tangible benefit of information systems.
17) An information systems plan shows how specific information systems fit into a company’s overall business plan and business strategy.
18) User concerns and designer concerns are usually the same at the beginning of the project.
19) Scope describes the full length of time required to complete a project.
20) Successful implementation of an information system requires the participation of end users in the project.
21) What was the primary problem facing the Girl Scouts regarding their supply chain problems?
The ordering process was inefficient for a large volume of orders.
22) Order the following steps in the systems development lifecycle in the correct sequence.
Systems analysis, systems design, programming, testing, conversion, production and maintenance
23) Which of the following is not part of the implementation process?
24) Which process develops a detailed description of the functions that a new information system must perform?
25) Developing an information system has been compared to the problem-solving process. Which one of the following problem-solving steps is not a part of systems analysis?
Implement the solution
26) The entire system-building effort is driven by:
user information requirements.
27) Systems design:
specifies how the new system will fulfill the information requirements.
28) In a data flow diagram, external entities are represented by:
29) Transferring data from a legacy system to the new system would be defined by which system design specification category?
30) In object-oriented development:
an object combines data and processes that act on the data into a single object.
Need essay sample on "IS 3003 EXAM 4 CHAPTER 12"? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only .90/page