LMS Workshop: Leadership, Recruitment and Performance
Leadership styles comprises of many forms from autocratic, democratic and laissez-faire (Hersey, P. 1984). Hersey and Blanchard illustrated leadership style to be a task and relationship behaviour from follower to leaders and placed emphasis on “situational leadership”, illustrating its flexibility and adaptation according to the situation (Hersey, P. and Blanchard 1977).
Efficient and effective leadership and recruitment skills is an indispensable and fundamental tool to master as business students (Carnegie, 2012). one must acquire processes, tools, and practices that cooperate and utilize one’s knowledge, technical and specialist expertise in fulfilling the strategic aim (Leonhardt, 2000).
The MBA Leadership, recruitment and performance course has provided me with immense advantages in self-improvement, learning, strategies, aiding towards the efficiency and importance of effective recruiting.
Areas covered included; recruitment-process, factors, sources, identify methods of select techniques, cautions for practice, in enabling one’s objectives, and propose solutions to achieve the desired outcomes. Furthermore, assigned interactive group exercise, group discussions, as well as individual activities, were implemented to enable varies approaches to learning.
The importance of inclusive of contingency, understanding the brief, objectives, identifying various areas of one’s weaknesses through task evaluation and analysis, is critical to successful intelligent learning (Cottrell 2008). Implementing these new approaches and strategies, those were
Need essay sample on "LMS Workshop: Leadership, Recruitment and Performance"? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only $ 13.90/page
Moreover, the importance of establishing relationships with potential clients is paramount to recruitment and performance. One can assert that one has gained the knowledge and formalities of HR team practice and management in recruitment activities such as situation appraisal and situations (Hersey and Blanchard 1977), inkling with the Equality Act 2010’ which prohibits any form of employers discrimination.
In addition, one had gained the knowledge in recruitment selections enabling one’s learning of various aspect, i.e. in providing practical advice, prepare effectively for the interview, construct and place job advertisements and in making informed selections based on appropriate criteria (Backhaus, 2004).
Moreover, the critical elements gained will no doubt be complementary to my future career, in business. Implementing the strategy and learning gained will propel my short and long-term goals. It has developed an experiential and diverse experience and giving me the opportunity to effectively interact with diverse groups of individuals and learn from their business insights, and endeavours.
Furthermore, this will enable a more productive and coherent work with greater efficiency, with competence, and enhance the ability to approach managing tasks with effectiveness and in linguistic and communicative competence (Charles, 2007, and Hymes, 1972).
Additionally, analysis is a critical and an important skill, one which is essential for future leadership, recruitment and performance of a firm, in terms of assessing retention, readiness for change, and validity. Furthermore, the effective techniques for one’s personal development and enhanced knowledge and skills gained shall be presented as a great asset to enhance one’s employability (Cottrell 2005).
- Kouzes, James M. and Barry Z. Posner. Credibility: How Leaders Gain and Lose It, Why People Demand It. Jossey-Bass., Publishers, 350 Samsome St., San Francisco, CA 94104.Backhaus,K. B. (2004) the Journal of Business Communication (1973), vol. 41, 2: pp. 115-136. First Published Apr 1,
- Blanchard, K, Zigarmi, P, Zigarmi, D. Leadership and the One Minute Manager: Increasing Effectiveness Through Situational Leadership. William Morrow and Company, Inc, New York, NY; 1985.
- Carnegie, D. (2012) Stand and Deliver. How to become a master of communicator and public speaking. Simon & Schuster UK Ltd
Cottrell, S. M. (2008) The Study Skills Handbook. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.Charles, M. (2007) “Language matters in global communication,” Journal of Business Communication, vol. 44, no.3, pp. 260-282,
- Cottrell, S. M. (2008) The Study Skills Handbook. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.Charles, M. (2007) “Language matters in global communication,” Journal of Business
- Hersey, P. (1984) The Situational Leader … The Other 59 Minutes. The Center for Leadership Studies. University Associates. San Diego, CA, U.S.A.
- Hersey, P. and Blanchard, K. H. (1977). Management of Organizational Behavior: Utilizing Human Resources (3rd ed.) New Jersey/Prentice Hall, ISBN 978-0132617697
- Hymes, D. (1972)“On Communicative Competence,” in Linguistic Anthropology. A Reader, A. Duranti, Ed. Malden, USA & Oxford, UK: Blackwell, 1972, pp 53-73.
- Kotter, JP. What leaders really do. Harvard Bus Rev. 2001;79:85–96.
Leonhardt, D. (2000). A matter of degree? Not for consultants. New York Times, Sec. 3, p. 1.
- McCann, Jennifer, Ridgers, Nicola D., Carver, Alison, Thornton, Lukar E. and Teychenne, Megan 2013, Effective recruitment and retention strategies in community health programs, Health promotion journal of Australia, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 104-110.
- Human resources recruitment-process. Available at: https://study.com/academy/lesson/human-resources-recruitment-process-strategies.html [Accessed 24 November 2018]
- Success! Your submission appears on this page. The submission confirmation number is f73f0968-3a13-41c6-919d-78a82290cf42. Copy and save this number as proof of your submission. View all of your submission receipts in My Marks.