logo image

Marketing Research and Segmentation Problem

St. Mary’s hospital is one of the medical facilities located in the Eastland of our city. It was started in the year 1990 by catholic missionaries to provide curative, preventive, promotive and rehabilitative services to the people living in the area at a subsidized fee. It had special attention to provision of maternal and child health services since this area had shown increasing prevalence of early childhood diseases and lack of prenatal, antenatal and delivery services.

During the time it started it had one clinical officer, a nurse, and a medical records clerk. Currently it has two medical doctors, a clinical officer, ten nurses, a pharmcist, laboratory technician, administrator and a medical records clerk. This hospital has a mission of being a leader in provision of both the preventive and curative health services in the region. Its vision is to be a center of excellence in provision of medical services to the people in the area.

Its core objectives are to offer quality pre-natal and ante-natal services, to provide immunization to children and pregnant mothers, to offer affordable laboratory services efficiently and effectively, to offer diagnosis as well as surveillance of diseases prevalent in the area, to conduct both health education and

Need essay sample on "Marketing Research and Segmentation Problem"? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only $ 13.90/page

health promotion and to provide pharmacy services impartially without any discrimination on basis of religion, race, economic status and gender. It offers both outpatient and inpatient services.

It comprises of the following crucial departments: nursing, medical laboratory, administrative, pharmacy, nutrition, clinical, and maternal and child health departments. It has a bed capacity of 50 for the inpatients and it serves an average of 100 outpatients and 20 inpatients. Its neighborhood extends to a radius of 5 kilometers and which constitutes a population of more than 50,000 people. According to statistics from the government offices average of 500 patients move from this area daily to seek health care to other hospitals that are located more than 10 kilometers from their residential areas.

As result of these findings the hospital operates below its capacity thus there is dire need for conducting a market research to find out the cause of this problem. Life style is a very important aspect of any society and it can be used to gather information on preferences and tastes of different people in a society (Brian, 2008). Basically lifestyle defines the way of life of a certain category of people in a given area.

On the lifestyle of the people who are in the coverage area of this hospital more than 90% of the residents are educated with 25% having reached tertiary level of education, 60% secondary level and only 5% reached primary level of education. The mortality rate in the area is 25% with the infant mortality being 20% while maternal mortality stands at 10%. The life expectancy is 49 years showing a sharp decline since the last five years. The population growth rate is 20%, fertility rate of 95% and the birth rate is 23%.

When it comes to marital status ,statistics show that 70% of the population is married while 30% constitutes people who are not married. 15% of the married men are polygamous while the remaining 85% is monogamous.. The population comprises of 60% women and 40% men. The average age stands at 40years with those under 25years constituting 62% while those above 25 comprising of 38%. The average family size of the population is 4 people per each household. The average age marriage is 24years for women and 26years for men.

Can’t wait to take that assignment burden offyour shoulders?

Let us know what it is and we will show you how it can be done!
×
Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website. If you need this or any other sample, please register

Already on Businessays? Login here

No, thanks. I prefer suffering on my own
Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website. If you need this or any other sample register now and get a free access to all papers, carefully proofread and edited by our experts.
Sign in / Sign up
No, thanks. I prefer suffering on my own
Not quite the topic you need?
We would be happy to write it
Join and witness the magic
Service Open At All Times
|
Complete Buyer Protection
|
Plagiarism-Free Writing

Emily from Businessays

Hi there, would you like to get such a paper? How about receiving a customized one? Check it out https://goo.gl/chNgQy