Project Planning and Workflow Management Systems
Workflow management systems are designed to support redesign, integration, and management of systems within a business structure. There is the ability to retrieve and transfer data, automate business processes and share information as well as technological approaches.
Future information systems will need to support interaction with large numbers and varieties of independent multiple vendor data sources and information networks. As business continues to become more and more complicated in this way workflow becomes an issue and if projects are going to be managed, there must be a system to manage the workflow (Cardoso, Bostrom...
Need essay sample on "Project Planning and Workflow Management Systems"? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only $13.90/page
..., Sheth, 2004).
Workflow management is the way of the future in business. Business are getting larger with many more arms that must be understood and communicated with. Information management, meaning not only that held within the computer, but that held within our employees must be shared in a way that provides the most organized method of use. Projects must be consistently efficient and move quickly if business is to survive in the competitive environment.
The aim of this research will be to determine the best methods available to manage a project in today’s business world.
The individual objectives to be used to meet the aim of this study are:
· Determine what the theories to project management are working the best
· Determine through research what software is meeting the need.
· Determine how best to combine theory and software.
· Determine what databases have the best research articles for this project
· Do a PICO question with key words to use for search and determine search criteria.
Primary data will be obtained by doing a PICO question and determining key search strategy. The databases that will be used are CINAHL, Proquest, and Cochrane’s library. There may be more databases added lat.
· Organization of topic and begin search – 2 weeks
· Search and review of articles and possible research – 6 weeks
· Literature Review – 2 weeks
· Synthesis of Review – 2 weeks
· Writing of dissertation – 6 weeks
· Completion of project – 5 months
Barrett, S. (2008). Knowledge sharing and expertise coordination of event response in organizations. Applied Ergonomics. 39(4). 427.
Cardoso, J. (2004). Workflow management systems and ERP systems: differences, commonalities, and applications. Information Technology & Management. 5(4) 319.