SWOT Analysis for “Big Billion day”
The analysis of the scenario suggests that the issues occurred primarily because the servers were not prepared for such a high traffic. This could have been better predicted as the amount of money spend on marketing campaign was very high and also looking at the high demand of goods during the festive season. Better predictions would have helped them prepare better for the “Big Billion day’. The IT solutions for such problems have got their own strengths and weaknesses. Following is the SWOT analysis for the presented solutions.
1) Having more web and application servers will help the management to deal with such high volumes of transactions and provide customers with better shopping experience.
2) Customer Relationship management plays a major role when the traffic on the site is unmanageable and will help in load sharing with the site.
3) An updated Content management system will improve its resistance against bugs and viral attacks.
1) Because of the stiff competition in the marketplace the margins of operations are drastically low. In such scenarios implementation of costly IT solutions will make the business unprofitable.
2) Inventory management is major challenge because of the unpredictable demand during festive season.
3) Low internet penetration is a major challenge for
Need essay sample on "SWOT Analysis for “Big Billion day”"? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only $ 13.90/page
1) The added IT solutions will help in improving company’s scalability. Using these solutions, in a long run, will help the company in expanding its customer base and its reach across the country.
2) Such companies have to deal with multilayer transactions with different stakeholders like customers, merchants and banks.
Improved IT infrastructure will help in enhancing the speed of the transactions and can improve the profit figures considerably.
3) Ever increasing smart phone user base in the country is a big opportunity to develop various mobile APS and improve the ease of business.
1) These solutions will have a certain limit on the number of users it can handle. Whenever the number of users goes beyond this number it will create an issue of this nature.
2) Viral attacks are major threats to such systems. With UN-updated SMS it becomes an even bigger threat.