in the upper-left corner of this document is where you begin creating your text.
When you place your cursor near it, the insertion point changes to a large “I,”
an instruction based on the action that you give to Word by clicking a button or entering information into a command box.
A tool that enhances the keyboard shortcuts and appears as small letters on the Ribbon.
A common name for Access Keys.
It is part of the “Microsoft Office Fluent” interface and combines the menu bar and toolbar into a single floating pane.
Tabs contains several different groups. The ribbon contains multiple tabs.
collections of related Word commands.
Dialog Box Launcher
a small arrow in the lower right corner of the group that you click to launch a dialog box.
displays additional options or information you can use to execute a command.
a small toolbar with popular commands that appears when you point to selected text.
contains a list of useful commands.
Quick Access Toolbar
ocated above the Ribbon and contains commands that users’ ac- cess most often, such as Save, Undo, and Redo.
keep and store up for future use. To keep track of your progress.
Save is is the same thing as save, but it makes it where you can save the complete document, and give it a name.
If you make a mistake, you can undo it, which returns it back to normal.
to do something again differently, repeats its last action.
offers quick access to commands for performing many file management tasks— such as opening, closing, saving, printing, and sharing Word documents.
send something straight to a default printer, and to print it out on paper.
ptions enable you to change the settings for a page
enables you to visually check your document for
errors before printing.
appears displaying the name of the command and additional information about the command.
which are symbols for cer- tain formatting commands, such as paragraphs ( ¶ ), indents and tabs (?), and spaces ( • ) between words.
s the space between pages of the document.
It automatically fills it in for you when you’re in need.
utomatically wraps text to the next line as it reach- es the right margin.
format aligns text along the left margin, including the date, inside address, salutation, body of the letter, closing, and signature.
requires no punctuation after the salutation or the closing
requires a colon after the salutation and a comma after the closing.
is a master document with predefined page layout, fonts, margins, and styles that is used to create new documents with the same basic formatting.
1. Assuming that you are using Windows 8, the first screen you see when you start your computer is called the:
c. Start screen.
2. When text is selected, what automatically appears on the screen?
b. Mini toolbar
3. The___________contains the commands you use most often, such as Save, Undo, and Redo.
c. Quick Access Toolbar
4. Letters and Numbers that appear on the ribbon when you press the Alt Key are called:
5. How would you search for templates online?
b. Search for online templates box
6. Which command would you use to save a document for the first time?
d. Either A or B Save or Save as
7. When you open new documents in Word, the program names them with a(n) _______ determined by the number of files opened during that session.
a. chronological number
8. Which of the following options would you use when saving a document with a new filename?
b. Save As
9. Which of the following is an acceptable format for a business letter?
e. Both a and d Block style with mixed & open punctuation
10. Which of the following allows you to access the Help command?
d. Both a and b F1 and the Question Box
Need essay sample on "Word Lesson 1"? We will write a custom essay sample specifically for you for only $ 13.90/page